How does the Zapier integration work?
Like most companies, you probably get customer feedback from a variety of sources - support tickets on Zendesk, reviews on TrustPilot, NPS verbatims on AskNicely and survey responses on TypeForm to mention but a few.
With our new Zapier integration, you can bring all your customer feedback into Prodsight, get it automatically analyzed for topics and sentiment and gain a real-time view into your ever-changing customer needs.
Zapier is an integration platform that allows you to connect your web services together using a simple zero-code interface. It currently supports integrations between 2,000 popular apps and services and the list is growing.
Setting up your Zapier integration
- A Prodsight account (sign up here)
- A Zapier account (free or premium, sign up here)
- Have at least one direct integration connected such as Intercom or Zendesk
Creating a Zap
You will need to create a separate Zapier Zap for each of your data sources.
The simplest way to get started is by choosing from one of our pre-built Zap templates. If you can’t find a Zap for your platform, please follow these steps:
Configure the Trigger:
- On Zapier, under Zaps, click “Create Zap”
- Choose your app you want to send mentions from (e.g. Retently)
- Choose the Trigger Event, (e.g. New Survey Response)
- Authorise your chosen app by following the steps in Zapier
- Choose a recent survey response for testing purposes
Configure the Action:
- Choose Prodsight as your App
- Set “Import Mention” as your App Action Event
- Authorize Prodsight by following the steps in Zapier
Map the data fields:
- Map the Mention Text field to a free-text customer comment
- Set Mention Created to the date and time your mention was created. If your trigger doesn’t provide a date, you can set it to “today” which will set it to the time the trigger runs.
- Name your Data Source so you can distinguish data from sources within Prodisght.
Test your Zap:
- Test your integration by sending a sample to Prodsight
- If there are any issues, Zapier will provide information on which parts of your Zap need attention.
- If your test passes, then check if it appears correctly in Prodsight in the Mentions tab.
Turn it on!
- If you are happy with your Zap, turn it on to make it go live.
- When your connected app triggers the Zap, mention will be automatically be sent to your Prodsight workspace.
Importing historic data via Zapier
Please note that Zapier will only send mentions to Prodsight from the point in time that you enable it. This means that will lose insights on the valuable historic customer feedback data.
Luckily there is a way to import your historic mentions via the Zapier's Google Sheets integration. Please contact us if you would like some help importing historic data into Prodsight.
We're here to help
If you have any questions or need help getting set up with Zapier - simply get in touch!